Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Junta Bans Wedding Announcement of Actor Kyaw Thu's Daughter

Source: Mizzima News

In a blatant act of vindictiveness, a wedding advertisement for prominent movie actor Kyaw Thu's daughter has been banned by the Burmese military junta's censorship board, allegedly for the actor's involvement in the monk-led protests in September.

"As for me I have been banned from all my work like acting or directing. And my name cannot be published in any of the journals or newspapers. Even to advertise my daughter's wedding I cannot include my name," actor Kyaw Thu told Mizzima.

The junta, in its effort to punish the artists, has banned all works of artists who took part in the protests. More than 20 of Kyaw Thu's films are currently banned from being released in theatres. Similarly, comedian and actor Zargarnar is also banned from performing on stage while writer Than Myint Aung is barred from using her pseudonym and writing for newspapers.

For the full report, please follow this link: http://www.mizzima.com/MizzimaNews/News/2007/Dec/12,%20Dec,%202007.html

No comments:

Search Flaming Peacocks